Veggie Packed Pizza
This delicious veggie tortilla pizza is a life-saver when you need a healthy meal in record time.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices of cooked beef cut into strips (optional)
- 4 cooked cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 4 cooked broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 10 tablespoons passata, leftovers can be used to make a simple pasta sauce*
- 2 wholemeal flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (62g) grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then add the diced onion - cook until soft (approximately 5 minutes) and then add the sliced mushrooms to the pan - fry for a further 2 minutes
- After 2 minutes, turn off the heat and add the cooked beef, cauliflower, broccoli and oregano — stir to combine
- Spoon the passata over both tortillas, spreading evenly like pizza sauce*
- Spoon half of the onion mix evenly onto each tortilla
- Top with a generous sprinkling of grated cheese
- Cook your pizzas in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and turned golden
- Serve once cooled.
* Leftover passata: 1. Simply pour leftover passata into a jug and mix in 3 heaped tablespoons of tomato purée — mix well 2. Stir 1 tsp of oregano and half a teaspoon of brown sugar and you have an easy-peasy pasta sauce 3. Leftovers can be frozen in ice cube trays.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...