Veggie Packed Pizza
This delicious veggie tortilla pizza is a life-saver when you need a healthy meal in record time.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices of cooked beef cut into strips (optional)
- 4 cooked cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 4 cooked broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 10 tablespoons passata, leftovers can be used to make a simple pasta sauce*
- 2 wholemeal flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (62g) grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then add the diced onion - cook until soft (approximately 5 minutes) and then add the sliced mushrooms to the pan - fry for a further 2 minutes
- After 2 minutes, turn off the heat and add the cooked beef, cauliflower, broccoli and oregano — stir to combine
- Spoon the passata over both tortillas, spreading evenly like pizza sauce*
- Spoon half of the onion mix evenly onto each tortilla
- Top with a generous sprinkling of grated cheese
- Cook your pizzas in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and turned golden
- Serve once cooled.
* Leftover passata: 1. Simply pour leftover passata into a jug and mix in 3 heaped tablespoons of tomato purée — mix well 2. Stir 1 tsp of oregano and half a teaspoon of brown sugar and you have an easy-peasy pasta sauce 3. Leftovers can be frozen in ice cube trays.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...