Veggie Packed Pizza
This delicious veggie tortilla pizza is a life-saver when you need a healthy meal in record time.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices of cooked beef cut into strips (optional)
- 4 cooked cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 4 cooked broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 10 tablespoons passata, leftovers can be used to make a simple pasta sauce*
- 2 wholemeal flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (62g) grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then add the diced onion - cook until soft (approximately 5 minutes) and then add the sliced mushrooms to the pan - fry for a further 2 minutes
- After 2 minutes, turn off the heat and add the cooked beef, cauliflower, broccoli and oregano — stir to combine
- Spoon the passata over both tortillas, spreading evenly like pizza sauce*
- Spoon half of the onion mix evenly onto each tortilla
- Top with a generous sprinkling of grated cheese
- Cook your pizzas in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and turned golden
- Serve once cooled.
* Leftover passata: 1. Simply pour leftover passata into a jug and mix in 3 heaped tablespoons of tomato purée — mix well 2. Stir 1 tsp of oregano and half a teaspoon of brown sugar and you have an easy-peasy pasta sauce 3. Leftovers can be frozen in ice cube trays.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...