Super Mild Chilli Con Carne
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 4-5 mushrooms, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 400g tin of red kidney beans, drained
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 250ml low salt vegetable stock
- 250ml low salt beef stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then fry the onion and pepper until softened
- Add the mince to the pan and cook until browned
- Once the mince is cooked, add all of the other ingredients and cook, covered, over a medium heat for 30 minutes
- Serve once cooled with rice, pasta or in tortilla wraps.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...