Blueberry Drop Scones
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 1 cup (125g) self-raising flour
- 1 medium egg
- 150ml milk (any will work — cow’s, soya, oat, coconut, breast or formula)
- 1 cup (175g) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, for frying
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, make a well in the middle and break the egg into it
- Slowly add the milk, whisking until there are no lumps and you have a smooth, thick batter
- Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of batter per scone — fry each one for 2 minutes on each side (you will need to do this in batches)
- Serve once cooled. These are particularly delicious served with a generous dollop of yoghurt!
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...