Slow Cooked Mince and Bean Chilli
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 700g lean minced beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 600g passata
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g tin of low salt baked beans
- n a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then fry the mince until browned - drain any excess fat
- Transfer the mince to the slow cooker, along with all of the other ingredients – stir well and cover with the lid
- Cook on low for at least 7 hours
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...