Mixed Berry & Oat Loaf
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup (149g) frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup (61g) granola to sprinkle on top before baking (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, flaxseeds, cinnamon, and oats
- In a separate bowl or jug, mix together the maple syrup, oil, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk to create a smooth, thick batter
- Gently fold through the frozen mixed berries
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
This would be amazing with some white or milk chocolate chips for a naughtier treat! Please note, this is a moist cake due to the mixed berries.
You May Also Like
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...