Mixed Berry & Oat Loaf
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup (149g) frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup (61g) granola to sprinkle on top before baking (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, flaxseeds, cinnamon, and oats
- In a separate bowl or jug, mix together the maple syrup, oil, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk to create a smooth, thick batter
- Gently fold through the frozen mixed berries
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
This would be amazing with some white or milk chocolate chips for a naughtier treat! Please note, this is a moist cake due to the mixed berries.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...