Bubble and Squeak Bake
I love making this for Annabelle as it always goes down well. At almost 9 months she’s enjoying feeding herself when handed a loaded spoon – will still no teeth this meal is really easy for her to eat. I’m really hoping she gets some soon as pressure from the grandparents is starting to drive me a little potty!
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces (roast potato size)
- 1 whole cauliflower — broken into florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large knobs of unsalted butter
- 1½ cups (187g) grated mild cheese
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook all of the vegetables for 25 minutes, until soft
- Once cooked, transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and mash them with the butter and pepper
- Once the vegetables are mashed, stir through the 1 cup (124g) cheese and allow the mixture to cool completely
- Once cool, stir through the whisked egg and transfer the mixture to a large baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown
- Serve once cooled.