Sweet Mince and Rice
his recipe can be made in 14 minutes or under, depending on which rice you choose to serve it with. I always use either ‘boil in the bag’ basmati rice or microwave rice, as my rice cooking skills leave a lot to be desired!
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 62ml low salt soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon mild chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Boil in the bag’ rice or microwave rice pouch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g minced beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 40g frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, soya sauce, sesame oil, chilli powder and ginger — reserve
- If you’re using ‘boil in the bag’ basmati rice, place it in a saucepan of boiling water now and set your timer according to the time indicated on the packet instructions
- Whilst the rice cooks, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the mince and garlic until the mince is browned – drain any excess fat
- Once the mince has browned, stir in the sauce you made in Step 1, the peas and spring onions and cook for a further 3 minutes
- If you are using microwave rice, cook it in the microwave at this point
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A delicious cupcake recipe inspired by Harry and Meghan's wedding cake.
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...