Sweet Mince and Rice
his recipe can be made in 14 minutes or under, depending on which rice you choose to serve it with. I always use either ‘boil in the bag’ basmati rice or microwave rice, as my rice cooking skills leave a lot to be desired!
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 62ml low salt soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon mild chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Boil in the bag’ rice or microwave rice pouch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g minced beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 40g frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, soya sauce, sesame oil, chilli powder and ginger — reserve
- If you’re using ‘boil in the bag’ basmati rice, place it in a saucepan of boiling water now and set your timer according to the time indicated on the packet instructions
- Whilst the rice cooks, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the mince and garlic until the mince is browned – drain any excess fat
- Once the mince has browned, stir in the sauce you made in Step 1, the peas and spring onions and cook for a further 3 minutes
- If you are using microwave rice, cook it in the microwave at this point
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...