Sweet Meat Loaf
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 900g minced beef
- 7 dried apricots, diced
- 1 carrot, grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- 1 courgette, grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- 12 Ritz crackers, ground to fine crumbs in a food processor
- 1 medium egg, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) full fat milk (any will work — cow’s, soya, oat, coconut, breast or formula)
- 1¼ cups (312ml) reduced salt tomato ketchup
- 1 onion, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (81g) apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 9x5” loaf tray
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, apricots, carrot, courgette crackers, egg, milk, ½ cup (125ml) of the ketchup, onion, pepper and garlic powder
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour
- Whilst the loaf cooks, mix together the remaining ¾ cup (187ml) of ketchup, brown sugar, apricot jam and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl - reserve
- After the meatloaf has baked for 1 hour, pour the mixture you created in Step 4 onto the meat loaf and spread evenly across it
- Return the loaf to the oven and bake for a further 30 minutes
- Serve once cooled.
More delicious ideas
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...