Sweet Meat Loaf
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 900g minced beef
- 7 dried apricots, diced
- 1 carrot, grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- 1 courgette, grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- 12 Ritz crackers, ground to fine crumbs in a food processor
- 1 medium egg, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) full fat milk (any will work — cow’s, soya, oat, coconut, breast or formula)
- 1¼ cups (312ml) reduced salt tomato ketchup
- 1 onion, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (81g) apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 9x5” loaf tray
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, apricots, carrot, courgette crackers, egg, milk, ½ cup (125ml) of the ketchup, onion, pepper and garlic powder
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour
- Whilst the loaf cooks, mix together the remaining ¾ cup (187ml) of ketchup, brown sugar, apricot jam and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl - reserve
- After the meatloaf has baked for 1 hour, pour the mixture you created in Step 4 onto the meat loaf and spread evenly across it
- Return the loaf to the oven and bake for a further 30 minutes
- Serve once cooled.
More delicious ideas
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...