Super Simple Tomato Pasta
This simple yet delicious tomato pasta dish is a staple in our household as it’s so quick to prepare. It’s lovely with grated cheese sprinkled over the top. For adults, it is also delicious with some chopped chorizo, but I would refrain from adding this to your little one’s portion because processed meat is not recommended for babies under 12 months of age.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 600ml passata
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 400g dried pasta
- In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then fry the onion and garlic until soft (approximately 10 minutes)
- Once the onion has softened, add the passata and balsamic vinegar to the pan - allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- After 5 minutes, turn the heat down and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and stir it into tomato sauce
- Serve once cooled.