Strawberry, Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins
These really are a treat with the white chocolate addition. However, as they are made with wholemeal flour, if you omit the white chocolate, they are actually very healthy and would make a delicious breakfast muffin!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural full-fat yoghurt
- 1/3 cup (83ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (87g) blueberries
- ½ cup (87g) strawberries, diced
- 1/3 cup (29g) white choc chips (optional)
- ¾ cup (91g) granola, plus extra to sprinkle on top of each muffin (may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and maple syrup
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the mixture - whisk to combine
- Gently fold the blueberries, strawberries, white choc chips and granola into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and top with extra granola, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...