Strawberry, Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins
These really are a treat with the white chocolate addition. However, as they are made with wholemeal flour, if you omit the white chocolate, they are actually very healthy and would make a delicious breakfast muffin!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural full-fat yoghurt
- 1/3 cup (83ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (87g) blueberries
- ½ cup (87g) strawberries, diced
- 1/3 cup (29g) white choc chips (optional)
- ¾ cup (91g) granola, plus extra to sprinkle on top of each muffin (may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and maple syrup
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the mixture - whisk to combine
- Gently fold the blueberries, strawberries, white choc chips and granola into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and top with extra granola, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...
A simple, healthy dip or spread for bread sticks or crackers.
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...