Strawberry and Banana Loaf Cake
This is a beautifully moist loaf that you could easily convert into muffins, by cutting the baking time to 25 minutes.
*Suitable for freezing, store in the fridge for up to 3 days*
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ½ cup coconut oil (125ml), melted and cooled slightly
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yoghurt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour (or plain flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125g strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin with baking paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, sugar, yoghurt, bananas and vanilla
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture - whisk again to combine
- Gentle fold the diced strawberries through the mixture, until evenly distributed – pour into the loaf tin
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
Please note that this is a moist cake and will be wetter than your average sponge cake.
You May Also Like
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...
A simple, healthy dip or spread for bread sticks or crackers.
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...