Strawberry and Banana Loaf Cake
This is a beautifully moist loaf that you could easily convert into muffins, by cutting the baking time to 25 minutes.
*Suitable for freezing, store in the fridge for up to 3 days*
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ½ cup coconut oil (125ml), melted and cooled slightly
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yoghurt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour (or plain flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125g strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin with baking paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, sugar, yoghurt, bananas and vanilla
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture - whisk again to combine
- Gentle fold the diced strawberries through the mixture, until evenly distributed – pour into the loaf tin
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
Please note that this is a moist cake and will be wetter than your average sponge cake.
You May Also Like
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...