Strawberry and Banana Loaf Cake
This is a beautifully moist loaf that you could easily convert into muffins, by cutting the baking time to 25 minutes.
*Suitable for freezing, store in the fridge for up to 3 days*
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ½ cup coconut oil (125ml), melted and cooled slightly
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yoghurt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour (or plain flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125g strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin with baking paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, sugar, yoghurt, bananas and vanilla
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture - whisk again to combine
- Gentle fold the diced strawberries through the mixture, until evenly distributed – pour into the loaf tin
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
Please note that this is a moist cake and will be wetter than your average sponge cake.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...