Moist Apple Purée and Strawberry Loaf
This is a deliciously moist loaf, which is perfect to make on a Sunday evening for three days of easy slice-and-serve breakfasts. It’s even more delicious when served with some extra fruit.
- 2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (90g) oats
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 pouch of apple and strawberry purée
- ½ cup (87g) strawberries, diced — plus extra sliced for decoration
- ½ cup (61g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of the Sweet Treats section)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and oats
- In a separate bowl, mix together the maple syrup, oil, eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and purée
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk to create a smooth, thick batter
- Stir in the diced strawberries
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, decorate with the strawberry slices and sprinkle with granola
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A delicious cupcake recipe inspired by Harry and Meghan's wedding cake.
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...