Moist Apple Purée and Strawberry Loaf
This is a deliciously moist loaf, which is perfect to make on a Sunday evening for three days of easy slice-and-serve breakfasts. It’s even more delicious when served with some extra fruit.
- 2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (90g) oats
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 pouch of apple and strawberry purée
- ½ cup (87g) strawberries, diced — plus extra sliced for decoration
- ½ cup (61g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of the Sweet Treats section)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and oats
- In a separate bowl, mix together the maple syrup, oil, eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and purée
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk to create a smooth, thick batter
- Stir in the diced strawberries
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, decorate with the strawberry slices and sprinkle with granola
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...