Moist Apple Purée and Strawberry Loaf
This is a deliciously moist loaf, which is perfect to make on a Sunday evening for three days of easy slice-and-serve breakfasts. It’s even more delicious when served with some extra fruit.
- 2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (90g) oats
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 pouch of apple and strawberry purée
- ½ cup (87g) strawberries, diced — plus extra sliced for decoration
- ½ cup (61g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of the Sweet Treats section)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and oats
- In a separate bowl, mix together the maple syrup, oil, eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and purée
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk to create a smooth, thick batter
- Stir in the diced strawberries
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, decorate with the strawberry slices and sprinkle with granola
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...