Moist Apple Purée and Strawberry Loaf
This is a deliciously moist loaf, which is perfect to make on a Sunday evening for three days of easy slice-and-serve breakfasts. It’s even more delicious when served with some extra fruit.
- 2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (90g) oats
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 pouch of apple and strawberry purée
- ½ cup (87g) strawberries, diced — plus extra sliced for decoration
- ½ cup (61g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of the Sweet Treats section)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and oats
- In a separate bowl, mix together the maple syrup, oil, eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and purée
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk to create a smooth, thick batter
- Stir in the diced strawberries
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, decorate with the strawberry slices and sprinkle with granola
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...