Strawberries and Cream Smiley Face Cake!
To make this yummy cake you will need an Mini EasyMat: http://amzn.to/2h3lSa9
I hope you enjoy this creation, I’ve had a great time going out of my comfort zone on this and hope to continue working on more ‘special occasion’ party treats for you!
- 3 cups (375g) self raising flour
- 3/4 cup (165g) coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (225ml) vegetable oil
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (366g) Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup (90g) of oats
- 1 mugful of fresh strawberries (about 1 punnet), diced but reserve 1 for the nose
- 2 blueberries
- Sprinkles for freakles and chocolate button for nose (optional)
- Large tub of heavy double cream (600ml)
- Red food colouring (natural preferred)
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease your Mini EasyMat and line two shallow cake tins with baking paper
- Combine oil, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla in a large bowl and stir to combine
- Add flour, oats and coconut sugar and gently combine (do not overmix)
- Fold through diced strawberries
- Divide mix evenly between Mini EasyMat and 2 cake tins, place into the oven to bake for 15 minutes after which time remove the Mini EasyMat and continue to bake the main cake for a further 5-10 minutes
- In the meantime, make the frosting by whipping cream with a hand whisk until it will no longer run off the back of a spoon (stiff peaks) - reserve 6 tablespoons of frosting
- Once baked cakes are cool, spread 2 tablespoons of frosting over the inside of one of the cakes, you could add strawberry jam to inside of the other cake if desired
- Sandwich the two cakes together and then frost the rest of the cake using the remaining frosting
- Add frosting to the two eyes created from the Mini EasyMat mould and place strategically onto the cake, use your 2 blueberries to make pupil's
- Take a large mug and cut out a half moon from the large lip shaped EasyMat mould to form a structured smile shape (use picture as a reference)
- Add a few drops of red food colouring to reserved frosting, stir and then and spread over the lip mould - again place lips strategically onto the cake
- To finish your cake place remaining strawberry (or you could use a large chocolate button) strategically into the nose position
- Store cake in the fridge until it's time to serve, eat within 2-3 days.
You May Also Like
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...
A simple, healthy dip or spread for bread sticks or crackers.
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...