Mini Chocolate Gingerbread Loaves (12 Months+)
These mini loaves are packed full of flavour and so easy for your baby to pick up and enjoy. If you don’t have a mini loaf tray, simply make a large loaf and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 1 cup (250ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (not suitable if baby is under 12 months)
- 50g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line 12 mini loaf tins
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, eggs, oil, sugar, molasses and vanilla
- Sift the flour, baking powder, spices and cocoa powder into the mixture – whisk to combine
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the mini loaf tins
- Bake your loaves in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...