Mini Chocolate Gingerbread Loaves (12 Months+)
These mini loaves are packed full of flavour and so easy for your baby to pick up and enjoy. If you don’t have a mini loaf tray, simply make a large loaf and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 1 cup (250ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (not suitable if baby is under 12 months)
- 50g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line 12 mini loaf tins
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, eggs, oil, sugar, molasses and vanilla
- Sift the flour, baking powder, spices and cocoa powder into the mixture – whisk to combine
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the mini loaf tins
- Bake your loaves in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A delicious cupcake recipe inspired by Harry and Meghan's wedding cake.
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...