Mini Chocolate Gingerbread Loaves (12 Months+)
These mini loaves are packed full of flavour and so easy for your baby to pick up and enjoy. If you don’t have a mini loaf tray, simply make a large loaf and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 1 cup (250ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (not suitable if baby is under 12 months)
- 50g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line 12 mini loaf tins
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, eggs, oil, sugar, molasses and vanilla
- Sift the flour, baking powder, spices and cocoa powder into the mixture – whisk to combine
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the mini loaf tins
- Bake your loaves in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...