Slow Cooked Spanish Shepherd’s Pie
A lovely, easy to prepare spin on your bog-standard shepherd’s pie. Annabelle is a huge fan of flavour, she won’t touch anything bland, so this recipe works really well for us. You can adjust the level of spice to suit your baby’s taste.
- 500g minced lamb
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 carrots, grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 3 tablespoons Spanish spice
- 300g cooked potatoes, mashed
- A handful of grated cheese
- Place all of the ingredients except potato and cheese into the slow cooker – stir well and cover with the lid
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- After 6 hours have passed, transfer the contents to a baking dish
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining tablespoon of Spanish spice and the mashed potatoes – spread evenly over the mince
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the mash and place under a medium-heat grill, until the cheese has melted and turned golden
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...