Slow Cooked Spanish Shepherd’s Pie
A lovely, easy to prepare spin on your bog-standard shepherd’s pie. Annabelle is a huge fan of flavour, she won’t touch anything bland, so this recipe works really well for us. You can adjust the level of spice to suit your baby’s taste.
- 500g minced lamb
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 carrots, grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 3 tablespoons Spanish spice
- 300g cooked potatoes, mashed
- A handful of grated cheese
- Place all of the ingredients except potato and cheese into the slow cooker – stir well and cover with the lid
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- After 6 hours have passed, transfer the contents to a baking dish
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining tablespoon of Spanish spice and the mashed potatoes – spread evenly over the mince
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the mash and place under a medium-heat grill, until the cheese has melted and turned golden
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...