Slow Cooked Spanish Shepherd’s Pie
A lovely, easy to prepare spin on your bog-standard shepherd’s pie. Annabelle is a huge fan of flavour, she won’t touch anything bland, so this recipe works really well for us. You can adjust the level of spice to suit your baby’s taste.
- 500g minced lamb
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 carrots, grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 3 tablespoons Spanish spice
- 300g cooked potatoes, mashed
- A handful of grated cheese
- Place all of the ingredients except potato and cheese into the slow cooker – stir well and cover with the lid
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- After 6 hours have passed, transfer the contents to a baking dish
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining tablespoon of Spanish spice and the mashed potatoes – spread evenly over the mince
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the mash and place under a medium-heat grill, until the cheese has melted and turned golden
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...