Spanish Sausage Casserole
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 skinless sausages, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 330g jar of pitted black olives, drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 3 sticks of celery, sliced
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 tablespoon Spanish spice
- 200ml chicken stock (low salt)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the sausages until browned — transfer to a large casserole dish
- Using the same pan, fry the onion, peppers and celery until soft (about 5 minutes) — transfer to the dish with the sausages in it
- Add all of the other ingredients to the dish - stir well
- Place your casserole dish into the oven and cook for 3 hours
- Serve once cooled with mashed potato, rice or sweet potato/ potato wedges.
This dish can also be cooked in your slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...