Spanish Sausage Casserole
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 skinless sausages, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 330g jar of pitted black olives, drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 3 sticks of celery, sliced
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 tablespoon Spanish spice
- 200ml chicken stock (low salt)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the sausages until browned — transfer to a large casserole dish
- Using the same pan, fry the onion, peppers and celery until soft (about 5 minutes) — transfer to the dish with the sausages in it
- Add all of the other ingredients to the dish - stir well
- Place your casserole dish into the oven and cook for 3 hours
- Serve once cooled with mashed potato, rice or sweet potato/ potato wedges.
This dish can also be cooked in your slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...