Slow Cooked Lemon and Rosemary Chicken
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 1 whole chicken – approximately 1.3kg (giblets removed)
- 2 lemons
- 10 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Stuff the chicken with 1 sprig of rosemary, 1 lemon cut into quarters and 4 whole garlic cloves
- Cut the end off the remaining lemon and cut it into thick slices
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with 4 of the lemon slices, 4 of the remaining whole garlic cloves and 1 sprig of the remaining rosemary – place the chicken on top
- Cut the final 2 garlic cloves in half and place on top of the chicken alongside the remaining lemon slices and final 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook the chicken on high for 4 hours
- If you like your chicken skin crispy, place it under the grill for 10 minutes prior to serving
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...