Simple Vanilla Cake
A healthy yet delicious cake that can be made refined sugar or completely sugar free.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal or spelt flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp Truvia or 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup yogurt (soya for CMA)
- 3 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup oats
- Heat oven to 180°C and line a spring-form cake tin
- Place the yogurt, eggs, vegetable oil, Truvia or maple syrup and vanilla into a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder - whisk to combine
- Stir in the oats and then transfer mix to lined spring-form cake tin
- Place the cake into the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...