Simple Vanilla Cake
A healthy yet delicious cake that can be made refined sugar or completely sugar free.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal or spelt flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp Truvia or 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup yogurt (soya for CMA)
- 3 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup oats
- Heat oven to 180°C and line a spring-form cake tin
- Place the yogurt, eggs, vegetable oil, Truvia or maple syrup and vanilla into a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder - whisk to combine
- Stir in the oats and then transfer mix to lined spring-form cake tin
- Place the cake into the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...