Mixed Berry, Pear and Coconut Mini Loaves
If you don’t have a mini loaf tin you can make a large loaf and bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
- 1½ cups (375ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup (22g) oats
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup (125g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup (125g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (100g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (175g) mixed berries, plus ¼ cup (44g) to sprinkle on top (fresh or frozen)
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line 12 mini loaf tins
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, eggs, coconut oil, sugar, oats and vanilla
- Sift the flours, baking powder and spices into the mixture – whisk to combine
- Gently fold the coconut, mixed berries and grated pear into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the mini loaf tins and top with the remaining ¼ cup mixed berries on top of the loaves
- Bake your mini loaves in the oven for 15 — 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...