Mixed Berry, Pear and Coconut Mini Loaves
If you don’t have a mini loaf tin you can make a large loaf and bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
- 1½ cups (375ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup (22g) oats
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup (125g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup (125g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (100g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (175g) mixed berries, plus ¼ cup (44g) to sprinkle on top (fresh or frozen)
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and grated (squeeze in a muslin or tea towel to drain excess moisture)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line 12 mini loaf tins
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, eggs, coconut oil, sugar, oats and vanilla
- Sift the flours, baking powder and spices into the mixture – whisk to combine
- Gently fold the coconut, mixed berries and grated pear into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the mini loaf tins and top with the remaining ¼ cup mixed berries on top of the loaves
- Bake your mini loaves in the oven for 15 — 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...