Mighty Mash Meal (ideal for illness/teething)
This meal is ideal for poorly or teething babies as it slides down the throat easily, is high in fat and contains lots of goodness to help aid a swift recovery!
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- A knob of unsalted butter, or several glugs of olive oil for mashing
- 50g mild cheddar cheese, grated
- A handful of cooked meat diced (optional)
- 50ml vegetable water — reserved from boiling
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the diced potatoes and carrots for 30 minutes until they are very soft
- Whilst the potato and carrots boil, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and then fry the sliced onion and leek until soft (approximately 7 minutes) – reserve
- Once the potatoes and carrots are soft, remove from the heat and drain, but make sure that you reserve 50ml of the water, as per the ingredients list
- In a bowl, mash together the potato and carrots with the butter, or oil
- Stir the onions, leeks, cheese and meat (if using) into the mash, along with the reserved vegetable water
- Serve once cooled on a pre-loaded spoon, or directly onto the highchair tray if you’re feeling brave!
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...