Mighty Mash Meal (ideal for illness/teething)
This meal is ideal for poorly or teething babies as it slides down the throat easily, is high in fat and contains lots of goodness to help aid a swift recovery!
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- A knob of unsalted butter, or several glugs of olive oil for mashing
- 50g mild cheddar cheese, grated
- A handful of cooked meat diced (optional)
- 50ml vegetable water — reserved from boiling
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the diced potatoes and carrots for 30 minutes until they are very soft
- Whilst the potato and carrots boil, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and then fry the sliced onion and leek until soft (approximately 7 minutes) – reserve
- Once the potatoes and carrots are soft, remove from the heat and drain, but make sure that you reserve 50ml of the water, as per the ingredients list
- In a bowl, mash together the potato and carrots with the butter, or oil
- Stir the onions, leeks, cheese and meat (if using) into the mash, along with the reserved vegetable water
- Serve once cooled on a pre-loaded spoon, or directly onto the highchair tray if you’re feeling brave!
You May Also Like
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...