Lunch in 3 minutes flat!
I thought of this lunch idea when Annabelle ate half of my panini during a trip to Leeds Castle. This recipe came about not only because she enjoyed it, but because I thought it would be the perfect lunch: it is more interesting than your bog-standard sandwich, yet can still be prepared in advance. Perfect for busy mums on the go and their babies!
I make these in batches of two, wrap them in foil and store them in the fridge, ready for placing in the grill for 3 minutes the next day. You can add a wide variety of ingredients to suit your baby’s tastes, but this is Annabelle’s favourite!
- 1 panini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato pesto
- 3 slices of mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 2 slices of cooked chicken, cut into strips
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Cut the panini in half lengthways and spread the butter over it, followed by the pesto
- Top one side of the panini with mozzarella, chicken, and tomatoes
- Place the two sides back together and pop under your grill, on a medium heat, for 3 minutes
- Serve once cooled.