Ham, Sweetcorn and Cheese Toastie
This is a very easy ham and cheese toastie, with the added addition of sweetcorn: ideal for younger ‘weaners’ as it can be cut into finger-sized slices for easy sucking. The cheese works well at bonding the sweetcorn to the ham, so your baby stands a good chance of tasting and, hopefully, eating some!
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetcorn
- 1 slice of ham (avoid ham containing honey if baby is under 12 months)
- A small handful of grated mild cheese
- Spread the butter onto both sides of the bread slices
- Top one slice of bread with the ham and sweetcorn and then sprinkle the cheese over the top
- Place the second slice of bread on top to make a sandwich
- In a frying pan, dry-fry the toastie over a medium-heat for 2 minutes on each side, or until slightly brown and the cheese melted
- Serve once cooled.