Ham and Cheese Aubergine Bites
These are so delicious that Annabelle has to share them with me! Since our BLW journey started, my love for aubergine, which previously I would hardly ever have cooked with, has grown immensely!
- 1 aubergine, sliced into 5mm rounds
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 slices of ham, cut into 2cm squares
- 1½ cups (187g) grated mild cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place the aubergine rounds onto the baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano
- Bake the aubergine for 30-40 minutes, or until tender
- Once the aubergine rounds are tender, remove them from the oven and place the ham squares on top and then sprinkle the cheese over the top
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the ham and place under the grill, on a medium heat, for 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and turned golden
- Serve once cooled, sliced in half.
More delicious ideas
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...