Ham and Cheese Aubergine Bites
These are so delicious that Annabelle has to share them with me! Since our BLW journey started, my love for aubergine, which previously I would hardly ever have cooked with, has grown immensely!
- 1 aubergine, sliced into 5mm rounds
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 slices of ham, cut into 2cm squares
- 1½ cups (187g) grated mild cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place the aubergine rounds onto the baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano
- Bake the aubergine for 30-40 minutes, or until tender
- Once the aubergine rounds are tender, remove them from the oven and place the ham squares on top and then sprinkle the cheese over the top
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the ham and place under the grill, on a medium heat, for 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and turned golden
- Serve once cooled, sliced in half.
More delicious ideas
A delicious cupcake recipe inspired by Harry and Meghan's wedding cake.
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...