These delicious pancakes are ideal for Christmas morning, to make life easy simply make ahead, freeze and de-frost overnight on Christmas Eve.
- 1¼ cup (156g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon molasses, or black treacle
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or fruit purée plus extra for serving
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (187ml) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for frying
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and spices
- In a separate bowl mix together the sugar, molasses, maple syrup, eggs, melted butter and buttermilk
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined - don’t worry if a few lumps remain
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over a medium heat and then add two tablespoons of batter per pancake - cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles begin to form and then carefully flip to cook the underside for another minute
- Continue to cook the pancakes in this way, until you have used all of your batter
- Serve once cooled with a drizzle of maple syrup.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...