These delicious pancakes are ideal for Christmas morning, to make life easy simply make ahead, freeze and de-frost overnight on Christmas Eve.
- 1¼ cup (156g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon molasses, or black treacle
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or fruit purée plus extra for serving
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (187ml) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for frying
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and spices
- In a separate bowl mix together the sugar, molasses, maple syrup, eggs, melted butter and buttermilk
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined - don’t worry if a few lumps remain
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over a medium heat and then add two tablespoons of batter per pancake - cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles begin to form and then carefully flip to cook the underside for another minute
- Continue to cook the pancakes in this way, until you have used all of your batter
- Serve once cooled with a drizzle of maple syrup.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...