These delicious pancakes are ideal for Christmas morning, to make life easy simply make ahead, freeze and de-frost overnight on Christmas Eve.
- 1¼ cup (156g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon molasses, or black treacle
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or fruit purée plus extra for serving
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (187ml) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for frying
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and spices
- In a separate bowl mix together the sugar, molasses, maple syrup, eggs, melted butter and buttermilk
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined - don’t worry if a few lumps remain
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over a medium heat and then add two tablespoons of batter per pancake - cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles begin to form and then carefully flip to cook the underside for another minute
- Continue to cook the pancakes in this way, until you have used all of your batter
- Serve once cooled with a drizzle of maple syrup.
You May Also Like
A delicious cupcake recipe inspired by Harry and Meghan's wedding cake.
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...