Courgetti Bolognese (can be made with Spaghetti too)
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 100g carrot, cut into small 0.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400g minced beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml low salt beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 courgettes, spiralized using the ‘noodle’ setting or 300g spaghetti pasta
- Black pepper, to season
- In a microwave-safe bowl, cover the cubes of carrot with water and microwave for 5 minutes - drain and reserve
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the mince until browned - drain any excess fat and then reserve the mince
- In the same frying pan, fry the onion for 6 minutes, then add the garlic and carrots - cook for a further 2 minutes
- Return the mince to the pan and add the tomatoes, stock, Worcestershire sauce and a good grind of black pepper — allow to simmer for 45 minutes
- Once the mince has simmered for 45 minutes, turn the heat off and simply fry the courgetti over a medium heat for 5 minutes
- Serve once cooled.
More delicious ideas
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...