Courgetti Bolognese (can be made with Spaghetti too)
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 100g carrot, cut into small 0.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400g minced beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml low salt beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 courgettes, spiralized using the ‘noodle’ setting or 300g spaghetti pasta
- Black pepper, to season
- In a microwave-safe bowl, cover the cubes of carrot with water and microwave for 5 minutes - drain and reserve
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the mince until browned - drain any excess fat and then reserve the mince
- In the same frying pan, fry the onion for 6 minutes, then add the garlic and carrots - cook for a further 2 minutes
- Return the mince to the pan and add the tomatoes, stock, Worcestershire sauce and a good grind of black pepper — allow to simmer for 45 minutes
- Once the mince has simmered for 45 minutes, turn the heat off and simply fry the courgetti over a medium heat for 5 minutes
- Serve once cooled.
More delicious ideas
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...