Chicken Parmigiana with Smoky Carrot Fries
This is a very easy ‘cheat meal’ that Annabelle and I love. I use ‘Frylight’ to keep calories as low as possible for me. If you would like to increase the carbs for your little one, you could add some potatoes cooked the same way as the carrot fries.
- 8 carrots, chopped into French fry shapes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 shop-bought breaded chicken steaks
- 4 tablespoons tomato purée
- ½ cup (62g) grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Scatter the carrot fries across a baking tray (you may need to use two), drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika - transfer to the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes
- Once the timer has buzzed, keep the carrots cooking in the oven and start frying your chicken steaks for 4 minutes on each side
- Once the chicken steaks are warmed through, spread 1 tablespoon of tomato purée on one side of each steak and top with the parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken steaks under a medium heat grill for 3-5 minutes, until the parmesan starts to melt
- Your carrots should now be nicely cooked through and slightly crispy
- Serve once cooled.
- Serve chicken and carrot fries for baby slightly cooled.