Chicken Korma with Chunky Veg
This is a spin on my normal chicken korma, but with lots more vegetables added, which is great for fussy eaters as the vegetables pick up the delicious korma flavor.
- 6 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup (108g) green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 6 tablespoons korma curry paste (or a whole jar!)
- 250ml coconut milk
- 200ml low salt chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then fry the diced chicken until browned - transfer directly to your slow cooker
- Using the same pan, fry the onions, peppers, green beans, chilli, ginger, and curry paste for 5 minutes
- Add the coconut milk, stock and ground almonds to the pan and stir, then leave it to start bubbling
- Once the mixture is bubbling, remove the pan from the heat and transfer the contents to the slow cooker – stir well and cover with the lid
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve once cooled with rice, couscous, or soft bread.
to cook this dish in the oven, add 100ml more stock and cook for 2.5 hours at 180°C.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...