Chicken Korma with Chunky Veg
This is a spin on my normal chicken korma, but with lots more vegetables added, which is great for fussy eaters as the vegetables pick up the delicious korma flavor.
- 6 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup (108g) green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 6 tablespoons korma curry paste (or a whole jar!)
- 250ml coconut milk
- 200ml low salt chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then fry the diced chicken until browned - transfer directly to your slow cooker
- Using the same pan, fry the onions, peppers, green beans, chilli, ginger, and curry paste for 5 minutes
- Add the coconut milk, stock and ground almonds to the pan and stir, then leave it to start bubbling
- Once the mixture is bubbling, remove the pan from the heat and transfer the contents to the slow cooker – stir well and cover with the lid
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve once cooled with rice, couscous, or soft bread.
to cook this dish in the oven, add 100ml more stock and cook for 2.5 hours at 180°C.
You May Also Like
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...