Chicken Korma with Chunky Veg
This is a spin on my normal chicken korma, but with lots more vegetables added, which is great for fussy eaters as the vegetables pick up the delicious korma flavor.
- 6 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup (108g) green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 6 tablespoons korma curry paste (or a whole jar!)
- 250ml coconut milk
- 200ml low salt chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then fry the diced chicken until browned - transfer directly to your slow cooker
- Using the same pan, fry the onions, peppers, green beans, chilli, ginger, and curry paste for 5 minutes
- Add the coconut milk, stock and ground almonds to the pan and stir, then leave it to start bubbling
- Once the mixture is bubbling, remove the pan from the heat and transfer the contents to the slow cooker – stir well and cover with the lid
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve once cooled with rice, couscous, or soft bread.
to cook this dish in the oven, add 100ml more stock and cook for 2.5 hours at 180°C.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...