Chicken Korma with Chunky Veg
This is a spin on my normal chicken korma, but with lots more vegetables added, which is great for fussy eaters as the vegetables pick up the delicious korma flavor.
- 6 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup (108g) green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 6 tablespoons korma curry paste (or a whole jar!)
- 250ml coconut milk
- 200ml low salt chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then fry the diced chicken until browned - transfer directly to your slow cooker
- Using the same pan, fry the onions, peppers, green beans, chilli, ginger, and curry paste for 5 minutes
- Add the coconut milk, stock and ground almonds to the pan and stir, then leave it to start bubbling
- Once the mixture is bubbling, remove the pan from the heat and transfer the contents to the slow cooker – stir well and cover with the lid
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve once cooled with rice, couscous, or soft bread.
to cook this dish in the oven, add 100ml more stock and cook for 2.5 hours at 180°C.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...