Cherry and Cranberry Muffins
I can’t seem to go a week without baking some yummy muffins, they are so quick to whip up and if you use spelt flour they are almost guilt-free for both mummy and baby!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural full-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1/3 cup (83ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- 2 cups (250g) spelt or self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (only use if using spelt flour)
- 1 cup (175g) cherries
- ½ cup (75g) dried cranberries, finely chopped
- ¾ cup (67g) oats
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and maple syrup
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture - whisk to combine
- Gently fold the cherries, cranberries and oats into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and top with granola, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...