Cherry and Cranberry Muffins
I can’t seem to go a week without baking some yummy muffins, they are so quick to whip up and if you use spelt flour they are almost guilt-free for both mummy and baby!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural full-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1/3 cup (83ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- 2 cups (250g) spelt or self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (only use if using spelt flour)
- 1 cup (175g) cherries
- ½ cup (75g) dried cranberries, finely chopped
- ¾ cup (67g) oats
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and maple syrup
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture - whisk to combine
- Gently fold the cherries, cranberries and oats into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and top with granola, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...