Blueberry and Strawberry Banana Bread
This super healthy and naturally sweet loaf is ideal for a sweet-toothed babies and mummies in need of a guilt-free treat! Enjoy this wonderful loaf for breakfast, lunch or as a mid-morning or afternoon snack.
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium egg, whisked
- ¼ cup (62ml) full fat milk (any will work — cow’s, soya, oat, coconut, breast or formula)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup (62g) plain full fat yoghurt
- 1/8 cup (31ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- ½ cup (87g) diced strawberries (about 4 medium-large)
- ½ cup (87g) blueberries
- ½ cup (61g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 9x5” loaf tin
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, egg, milk and vanilla, before stirring in the mashed banana, yoghurt and maple syrup
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, whisking until you achieve a smooth batter
- Gently fold the strawberries and blueberries through the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your bread in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
Please note, this is a moist cake due to the fruits.
More delicious ideas
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...