Blueberry and Strawberry Banana Bread
This super healthy and naturally sweet loaf is ideal for a sweet-toothed babies and mummies in need of a guilt-free treat! Enjoy this wonderful loaf for breakfast, lunch or as a mid-morning or afternoon snack.
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium egg, whisked
- ¼ cup (62ml) full fat milk (any will work — cow’s, soya, oat, coconut, breast or formula)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup (62g) plain full fat yoghurt
- 1/8 cup (31ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- ½ cup (87g) diced strawberries (about 4 medium-large)
- ½ cup (87g) blueberries
- ½ cup (61g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 9x5” loaf tin
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, egg, milk and vanilla, before stirring in the mashed banana, yoghurt and maple syrup
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, whisking until you achieve a smooth batter
- Gently fold the strawberries and blueberries through the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your bread in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
Please note, this is a moist cake due to the fruits.
More delicious ideas
A delicious cupcake recipe inspired by Harry and Meghan's wedding cake.
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...