Blackberry and Redcurrant Muffins
The ‘Marmite’ of muffins! If you and your baby love sharp flavours then give this recipe a whirl!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) full fat yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup (87g) blackberries, halved (setting some aside to decorate with)
- ½ cup (87g) redcurrants (setting some aside to decorate with)
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla
- Sift the sugar, baking powder and flour into the mixture - whisk to combine
- Gently fold the blackberries and redcurrants through the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and add extra redcurrants and blackberries on top for decoration, if you wish. Sprinkle the granola over the muffins, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...
A delicious and super healthy dip for bread or vegetable sticks, this would also be delicious in ...