Blackberry and Redcurrant Muffins
The ‘Marmite’ of muffins! If you and your baby love sharp flavours then give this recipe a whirl!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) full fat yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup (87g) blackberries, halved (setting some aside to decorate with)
- ½ cup (87g) redcurrants (setting some aside to decorate with)
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla
- Sift the sugar, baking powder and flour into the mixture - whisk to combine
- Gently fold the blackberries and redcurrants through the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and add extra redcurrants and blackberries on top for decoration, if you wish. Sprinkle the granola over the muffins, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...