Blackberry and Redcurrant Muffins
The ‘Marmite’ of muffins! If you and your baby love sharp flavours then give this recipe a whirl!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) full fat yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup (87g) blackberries, halved (setting some aside to decorate with)
- ½ cup (87g) redcurrants (setting some aside to decorate with)
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla
- Sift the sugar, baking powder and flour into the mixture - whisk to combine
- Gently fold the blackberries and redcurrants through the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and add extra redcurrants and blackberries on top for decoration, if you wish. Sprinkle the granola over the muffins, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...