Blueberry and Lemon Muffins
Blueberry and lemon is a simply magical combination and one that Annabelle gobbled up even in his current snotty state!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (45g) oats
- 1 cup (175g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 tablespoons lemon curd
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of the Sweet Treats section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt, syrup and vanilla
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture — whisk to combine
- Gently fold the oats, blueberries and lemon curd into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A delicious cupcake recipe inspired by Harry and Meghan's wedding cake.
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...