Blueberry and Lemon Muffins
Blueberry and lemon is a simply magical combination and one that Annabelle gobbled up even in his current snotty state!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (45g) oats
- 1 cup (175g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 tablespoons lemon curd
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of the Sweet Treats section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt, syrup and vanilla
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture — whisk to combine
- Gently fold the oats, blueberries and lemon curd into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...