Blueberry and Lemon Muffins
Blueberry and lemon is a simply magical combination and one that Annabelle gobbled up even in his current snotty state!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup, or fruit purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (45g) oats
- 1 cup (175g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 tablespoons lemon curd
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of the Sweet Treats section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt, syrup and vanilla
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture — whisk to combine
- Gently fold the oats, blueberries and lemon curd into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that they are cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...