Beef N’ Rice
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- One bag of boil in the bag brown rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g passata
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 130ml apple juice
- 2 tbsp of dried thyme
- 70g frozen peas
- pepper to season
- Mild grated cheese to serve (optional)
- Set water boiling for the rice
- In the meantime fry onion, pepper and carrot for 7 minutes over a high heat, after 7 minutes lower heat and add garlic and mince - fry until browned and drain excess fat
- Put rice into boiling water and add passata, tomato puree, apple juice and thyme to the mince - cook both covered for 30 minutes.
- Drain rice and add to the mince with the peas and mix well
- Serve to baby once cooled with or without a sprinkling of mild grated cheese
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...