Banana, Cinnamon and Pear Loaf
This beautifully moist loaf is secretly packed with banana and pears. It’s ideal for very fussy eaters!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural full-fat vanilla yoghurt
- ¾ cup (150g) brown sugar
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 banana, mashed or blended till smooth
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, ground
- ½ cup (45g) oats
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and sugar
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into the mixture – whisk to combine
- Gently fold the grated pear, banana, flaxseed and oats into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your loaf for 45-55 minutes, checking often. You will know that it is cooked when it is golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A delicious cupcake recipe inspired by Harry and Meghan's wedding cake.
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...