Banana, Cinnamon and Pear Loaf
This beautifully moist loaf is secretly packed with banana and pears. It’s ideal for very fussy eaters!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural full-fat vanilla yoghurt
- ¾ cup (150g) brown sugar
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 banana, mashed or blended till smooth
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, ground
- ½ cup (45g) oats
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and sugar
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into the mixture – whisk to combine
- Gently fold the grated pear, banana, flaxseed and oats into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your loaf for 45-55 minutes, checking often. You will know that it is cooked when it is golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...