Banana, Cinnamon and Pear Loaf
This beautifully moist loaf is secretly packed with banana and pears. It’s ideal for very fussy eaters!
- ¾ cup (187ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) thick natural full-fat vanilla yoghurt
- ¾ cup (150g) brown sugar
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 banana, mashed or blended till smooth
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, ground
- ½ cup (45g) oats
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of this section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, yoghurt and sugar
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into the mixture – whisk to combine
- Gently fold the grated pear, banana, flaxseed and oats into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your loaf for 45-55 minutes, checking often. You will know that it is cooked when it is golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A cross between a Christmas pudding and a muffin – these moist Pud-fins are perfect single ...
This is a delicious treat for the whole family in between festive feasts! You can serve plain or ...
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers and is suitably warming for those cold winter ...
This delicious dish can convert even the strongest of sprout-haters. However, you could substitute ...
This is a great dish to pop in the slow cooker for guests coming round as it’ll serve several ...
To save time, you can make the stuffing mixture in advance and freeze either in one amount, or in ...
This is a delicious plait which is perfect for when you have guests popping round! To up the ...
This is a tasty way of using up some leftover turkey meat, or any meat you’ve had over Christmas! ...
This is a delicious breakfast treat which you could batch cook in advance to make your mornings ...
This is a lovely and rich indulgent breakfast, perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a treat on ...