Banana and Date Loaf
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 4 overripe bananas
- ¾ cup (187ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 3 medium eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or fruit purée
- 2½ cups (312g) plain flour
- ¼ cup (30g) ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (150g) Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of the Sweet Treats section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a food processor, blend the banana until smooth
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla, eggs and maple syrup to the food processor and blend again
- Lastly, add the flour, ground almonds and baking powder - blend until the mixture is well combined
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and then pour the chopped dates in and gently fold through the mixture, using a spoon
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
These super cute bunny rabbit cookies are a fun adaption of my popular Two Ingredient Cookies. They ...
This easy, slow cooked lamb casserole makes light work on Easter day, or any day for that matter! ...
You could add finely chopped nuts, chocolate chips, diced dates or any other diced fruit to these ...