Banana and Date Loaf
This is restricted content. Only BLW Cookbook Members can view this recipe, members log in here
BLW Cookbook Members get the following benefits:
- Access to ALL recipes
- Unlimited BLW support through my Facebook page
- Access to a secret Facebook group where I will host live Q&A sessions every week
App users get free access, if you are an app user please click here
- 4 overripe bananas
- ¾ cup (187ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 3 medium eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or fruit purée
- 2½ cups (312g) plain flour
- ¼ cup (30g) ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (150g) Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup (30g) granola to sprinkle on top (optional, but may not be suitable if baby is under 12 months if it contains honey – alternatively you could make your own from the recipe at the start of the Sweet Treats section)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin
- In a food processor, blend the banana until smooth
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla, eggs and maple syrup to the food processor and blend again
- Lastly, add the flour, ground almonds and baking powder - blend until the mixture is well combined
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and then pour the chopped dates in and gently fold through the mixture, using a spoon
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the granola, if desired
- Bake your loaf in the oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre to show that it is cooked through
- Serve once cooled.
You May Also Like
A new variation of my original Yoghurt Bark recipe, perfect for helping your little one cool down ...
This is quite an unusual combination but I think it tastes great, the turnip or swede depending on ...
You can omit the egg in this recipe and replace with 1/4 cup (6oml) of fruit puree. ...
Almond and cherry are such a delicious combination that I couldn't resist creating these tasty ...
Another delicious savory muffin - perfect for picnic lunches! I find the supermarkets own cream ...
I know lots of you love my Broccoli and Spinach Bite recipe, so I have taken that idea and adapted ...