Baby Led Weaning
Baby Led Weaning is where you skip past the puree stage of traditional weaning and offer your baby smaller portions of your own food from the age of six months. Baby Led Weaning is focused on baby experiencing real tastes and textures the very beginning of their weaning journey. This method also promotes family mealtimes and means the whole family can eat the same food together.
My goal is to supply you with recipes that are quick to prepare yet nutrient rich so baby can grow up enjoying healthy, nutritious but above all TASTY foods!
IMPORTANT: Before you start baby led weaning please consult your doctor to ensure this form of weaning is appropriate and safe for your child.
- It gives your baby the opportunity to explore the taste, texture, colour and smell of food
- It helps develop hand-eye coordination
- Establishes great eating habits as baby is allowed to eat as much as she/he needs, in their own time
- Your less likely to have a fussy eater
- Saves time not having to cook separate food for baby
- Promotes family mealtimes